The Grey Cup Trophy is owned by the Canadian Football League (CFL) and is an invaluable artefact. The Board of Directors of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Museum acts as the trustee of the Trophy. As trustee, the Board of Directors is responsible for the proper care of the Trophy while on display at the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Museum and is responsible for coordinating all requests to borrow the Trophy. The following list of procedures must be followed for every request made to rent the Trophy.
- Submit your request in writing via email to Eric Noivo (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least three (3) weeks in advance of the requested date.
- Rental of the Grey Cup Trophy will be dependent: upon the availability of the Grey Cup Trophy as well as the availability of a member of the Board of Directors, staff member or individual designated by the Board of Directors to escort the Trophy. The minimum daily charge for the Grey Cup Trophy is four (4) hours, plus expenses outlined below.
- The request to rent the Grey Cup Trophy will be reviewed and approved by the Executive Director. In exceptional cases the Executive Director may refer the request to the Board of Directors for review and approval at their next scheduled meeting. The Board of Directors meets once per month year round. You will be contacted by the Executive Director regarding your request. All decisions are final.
- Please note: The Grey Cup Trophy is not available one week prior to the Grey Cup Game, or two months following the Grey Cup game. All requests for the use of the Grey Cup Trophy for Grey Cup week must be forwarded directly to the Executive Director.
- A rental fee of $1000.00 + HST will be charged to the Organization requesting the Grey Cup Trophy for a minimum period of four (4) hours. Events exceeding four
hours will be charged a fee of $100.00 per hour.
- The requestor must pay all expenses for a Board member, Hall of Fame staff member or individual designated by the Board of Directors to travel with and bring the Grey Cup Trophy to the requested destination. The representative from the Hall of Fame must be with the Trophy at all times and will be solely responsible for the safety and security of the Grey Cup Trophy. These expenses include but are not limited to the following: Ground transportation and/or airfare, accommodations and per diem